View Mobile Site

​CO alarm sounds at Highland Hotel


Great Bend Fire Department was dispatched to the Highland Hotel at 9:08 p.m. Friday, after a carbon monoxide alarm sounded in the kitchen area. Fire Chief Mike Napolitano said the source of the CO was a gas-fired power washer being used in the pool area.
“The levels of CO were even higher in the pool area, requiring the entire facility including the rooms to be evacuated,” Napolitano said. “High levels of CO were found in the rooms around the pool area as well. Several occupants were checked but none required further treatment. After several hours of ventilating the ...


** Subscribers Log in to read this full article.

In order to view premium content, you must purchase a subscription.

Thank you for showing so much interest in our site! Our policies allow 10 free article views each month. To access additional articles including the E-Tribune, please subscribe. Already a print or online subscriber? Just log on to access additional content.

A subscription is required before viewing this article and other premium content.

Already a registered member and have a subscription?

If you have already purchased a subscription, please log in to view the full article.

Are you registered, but do not have a subscription?

If you are a registed user and would like to purchase a subscription, log in to view a list of available subscriptions.

Interested in becoming a registered member and purchasing a subscription?

Join our community today by registering for a FREE account. Once you have registered for a FREE account, click SUBSCRIBE NOW to purchase access to premium content.

Membership Benefits

  • Instant access to creating Blogs, Photo Albums, and Event listings.
  • Email alerts with the latest news.
  • Access to commenting on articles.

Please wait ...