View Mobile Site

Hogs die in fire

Editor's note: This article updates and corrects Great Bend Fire Department news previously posted at "OTR for Feb. 19, 2013."

Eight or nine pigs died Tuesday morning when a hog shed at 238 North Washington caught on fire. Great Bend Fire Department was dispatched at 4:37 a.m. There was a heat lamp for the piglets and firefighters determined the cause of the fire was electrical. Loss was estimated at $3,000.

The shed, which was destroyed in the fire, was on the north side of some storage buildings, and the person who called 911 said the flames ...

** Subscribers Log in to read this full article.

In order to view premium content, you must purchase a subscription.

Thank you for showing so much interest in our site! Our policies allow 10 free article views each month. To access additional articles including the E-Tribune, please subscribe. Already a print or online subscriber? Just log on to access additional content.

A subscription is required before viewing this article and other premium content.

Already a registered member and have a subscription?

If you have already purchased a subscription, please log in to view the full article.

Are you registered, but do not have a subscription?

If you are a registed user and would like to purchase a subscription, log in to view a list of available subscriptions.

Interested in becoming a registered member and purchasing a subscription?

Join our community today by registering for a FREE account. Once you have registered for a FREE account, click SUBSCRIBE NOW to purchase access to premium content.

Membership Benefits

  • Instant access to creating Blogs, Photo Albums, and Event listings.
  • Email alerts with the latest news.
  • Access to commenting on articles.

Please wait ...