View Mobile Site

Smoke detector alerts man to house fire

Damage to an interior wall is shown, following a fire Saturday in Great Bend.

View Larger

The owner of a house at 317 Locust St. awoke shortly before 3:48 a.m. Saturday when his smoke detector went off. Great Bend Fire Chief Mike Napolitano said the man, Jesus Hernandez, went to the back bedroom where the smoke detector was located and found light smoke in the bedroom. He also saw the electrical outlet was charred and burning and had caused the bedding next to the outlet to smolder.
Hernandez and two young children safely exited the house.
Napolitano said the estimated $1,500 damage could have been much worse if not for the working smoke ...

** Subscribers Log in to read this full article.

In order to view premium content, you must purchase a subscription.

Thank you for showing so much interest in our site! Our policies allow 10 free article views each month. To access additional articles including the E-Tribune, please subscribe. Already a print or online subscriber? Just log on to access additional content.

A subscription is required before viewing this article and other premium content.

Already a registered member and have a subscription?

If you have already purchased a subscription, please log in to view the full article.

Are you registered, but do not have a subscription?

If you are a registed user and would like to purchase a subscription, log in to view a list of available subscriptions.

Interested in becoming a registered member and purchasing a subscription?

Join our community today by registering for a FREE account. Once you have registered for a FREE account, click SUBSCRIBE NOW to purchase access to premium content.

Membership Benefits

  • Instant access to creating Blogs, Photo Albums, and Event listings.
  • Email alerts with the latest news.
  • Access to commenting on articles.

Please wait ...