View Mobile Site

OTR for Jan. 1, 2014

Great Bend Fire/EMS
Firefighters were dispatched to 912 Madison St. at 9:33 p.m. Monday. They found light smoke in the house and determined it was coming from behind the electrical service entrance to the house. The power company was notified to disconnect the power and the smoldering siding was removed. The cause of the fire was a short or arcing of wires between the meter and the breaker box, which in turn heated up the screw mounting the breaker box to the wall, which started the wood siding and wall stud smoldering.
There were six ambulance runs ...


** Subscribers Log in to read this full article.

In order to view premium content, you must purchase a subscription.

Thank you for showing so much interest in our site! Our policies allow 10 free article views each month. To access additional articles including the E-Tribune, please subscribe. Already a print or online subscriber? Just log on to access additional content.

A subscription is required before viewing this article and other premium content.

Already a registered member and have a subscription?

If you have already purchased a subscription, please log in to view the full article.

Are you registered, but do not have a subscription?

If you are a registed user and would like to purchase a subscription, log in to view a list of available subscriptions.

Interested in becoming a registered member and purchasing a subscription?

Join our community today by registering for a FREE account. Once you have registered for a FREE account, click SUBSCRIBE NOW to purchase access to premium content.

Membership Benefits

  • Instant access to creating Blogs, Photo Albums, and Event listings.
  • Email alerts with the latest news.
  • Access to commenting on articles.

Please wait ...