View Mobile Site

Small fire causes minor damage to garage

Great Bend Fire Department and Police Department units respond to a water heater fire at 1111 Sherman St., late Thursday afternoon. There was minimal damage.

View Larger

One might call it a lucky break.
At about 4 p.m. Thursday, the Great Bend Fire Department responded to what was reported as a water heater fire at 1111 Sherman St. The small blaze was confined to the attached garage.
Fire Chief Mike Napolitano said the fire resulted after the heater’s flexible gas line had rubbed against the unit, wearing holes in it.
Gas escaped and ignited. However, the heat burned through the water supply line, and the escaping water helped suppress the flames.
Once the gas was turned off, the fire was quickly extinguished.
The water heater ...


** Subscribers Log in to read this full article.

In order to view premium content, you must purchase a subscription.

Thank you for showing so much interest in our site! Our policies allow 10 free article views each month. To access additional articles including the E-Tribune, please subscribe. Already a print or online subscriber? Just log on to access additional content.

A subscription is required before viewing this article and other premium content.

Already a registered member and have a subscription?

If you have already purchased a subscription, please log in to view the full article.

Are you registered, but do not have a subscription?

If you are a registed user and would like to purchase a subscription, log in to view a list of available subscriptions.

Interested in becoming a registered member and purchasing a subscription?

Join our community today by registering for a FREE account. Once you have registered for a FREE account, click SUBSCRIBE NOW to purchase access to premium content.

Membership Benefits

  • Instant access to creating Blogs, Photo Albums, and Event listings.
  • Email alerts with the latest news.
  • Access to commenting on articles.

Please wait ...