View Mobile Site

Dog awakens sleeping man from fire

Fire destroyed a small motor home Tuesday night at 126 Kiowa Road. Great Bend Fire Chief Mike Napolitano said the man sleeping in the 1997 International Eldorado was able to escape, thanks to his dog.
Firefighters were dispatched at 11:36 p.m. and the motor home was fully involved with fire when they arrived.
“The occupant of the motor home was sleeping in it at the time of the fire,” Napolitano said. “Thankfully, his dog jumped up on the bed he was sleeping in and woke him up. When he woke up he found flames around the area of ...


** Subscribers Log in to read this full article.

In order to view premium content, you must purchase a subscription.

Thank you for showing so much interest in our site! Our policies allow 10 free article views each month. To access additional articles including the E-Tribune, please subscribe. Already a print or online subscriber? Just log on to access additional content.

A subscription is required before viewing this article and other premium content.

Already a registered member and have a subscription?

If you have already purchased a subscription, please log in to view the full article.

Are you registered, but do not have a subscription?

If you are a registed user and would like to purchase a subscription, log in to view a list of available subscriptions.

Interested in becoming a registered member and purchasing a subscription?

Join our community today by registering for a FREE account. Once you have registered for a FREE account, click SUBSCRIBE NOW to purchase access to premium content.

Membership Benefits

  • Instant access to creating Blogs, Photo Albums, and Event listings.
  • Email alerts with the latest news.
  • Access to commenting on articles.

Please wait ...