View Mobile Site

Hay catches fire in county

The Hoisington Fire Department spent much of Tuesday and Wednesday extinguishing the remnants of 80 large round bales of hay at 850 NW 50 Ave.
Hoisington Fire Chief Jim Sekavec said the hay was no longer in bales Tuesday because it had been ground up that morning. He’s not sure what ignited the fire in the loose hay, but a spark from the grinding machinery could have been the culprit. Whatever the cause, by late Tuesday morning the hay, which was still stacked 12-14 feet high, was ablaze.
At one point on Tuesday the Great Bend Fire Department was ...

** Subscribers Log in to read this full article.

In order to view premium content, you must purchase a subscription.

Thank you for showing so much interest in our site! Our policies allow 10 free article views each month. To access additional articles including the E-Tribune, please subscribe. Already a print or online subscriber? Just log on to access additional content.

A subscription is required before viewing this article and other premium content.

Already a registered member and have a subscription?

If you have already purchased a subscription, please log in to view the full article.

Are you registered, but do not have a subscription?

If you are a registed user and would like to purchase a subscription, log in to view a list of available subscriptions.

Interested in becoming a registered member and purchasing a subscription?

Join our community today by registering for a FREE account. Once you have registered for a FREE account, click SUBSCRIBE NOW to purchase access to premium content.

Membership Benefits

  • Instant access to creating Blogs, Photo Albums, and Event listings.
  • Email alerts with the latest news.
  • Access to commenting on articles.

Please wait ...