View Mobile Site

Longtime City of Lucas employee identified


LUCAS — A longtime City of Lucas employee who apparently died as a result of electrocution June 11 has been identified as Gary Ward.
Ward, 65, was severely shocked at 11:30 a.m. June 11 while working on power lines in the 500 block of South Wolf Street in Lucas. He was transported by Russell County EMS to Russell Regional Hospital where he died.
A Gary Ward Scholarship Fund has been established with Rodrick and Minear Funeral Home of Lucas.
Ward’s survivors include his wife, Lori Ward, Lucas; a son, Jolan (Rhonda) Ward, Salina; daughters, Sheree (Bill) Herold, Lucas ...


** Subscribers Log in to read this full article.

In order to view premium content, you must purchase a subscription.

Thank you for showing so much interest in our site! Our policies allow 10 free article views each month. To access additional articles including the E-Tribune, please subscribe. Already a print or online subscriber? Just log on to access additional content.

A subscription is required before viewing this article and other premium content.

Already a registered member and have a subscription?

If you have already purchased a subscription, please log in to view the full article.

Are you registered, but do not have a subscription?

If you are a registed user and would like to purchase a subscription, log in to view a list of available subscriptions.

Interested in becoming a registered member and purchasing a subscription?

Join our community today by registering for a FREE account. Once you have registered for a FREE account, click SUBSCRIBE NOW to purchase access to premium content.

Membership Benefits

  • Instant access to creating Blogs, Photo Albums, and Event listings.
  • Email alerts with the latest news.
  • Access to commenting on articles.

Please wait ...