Editor's note: This is the second story in a series of stories about teen pregnancy. This month, we are talking to the mother of a 15 year old who just recently learned that her daughter is pregnant. We will call her Jane.
"I was not happy about it, but my biggest concern is for her," said Jane (not her real name) about learning her daughter was pregnant. "At 15, she's definitely not ready.
While Traditional Home Magazine didn't name Jean Cavavanugh one of its five top award winners in its seventh-annual Best in American Caring and Giving Contest, judges did think highly enough of her to single out her volunteerism to USD 428 students.
Area Boy Scouts from Troop 184 were covered up to their elbows in flour as they learned the craft of making homemade noodles for the annual Boy Scout Chili and Chicken Noodle Soup Dinner from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Feb. 5. at the Elks, Lodge, 1120 Kansas Ave.
Two Great Bend residents were treated for carbon monoxide exposure Wednesday evening, Fire Chief Mike Napolitano said. Great Bend police officers entered the apartment building at 3900 Forest Ave. around 6 p.m., and they found Brenda Pardee, 60, and Charles Morgan, 55, on the floor.