As of Wednesday morning, 14.1% of Kansans – 411,379 people – have been vaccinated with one dose and 202,787 people have received the second dose.
New number for Ellinwood Hospital waiting list
In Wednesday’s Great Bend Tribune, an article listed where to call to be on COVID-19 vaccine waiting lists, including the list for Ellinwood Hospital and Clinic. Lindsey Bogner at the hospital advised that people may call 620-564-3771 instead of the number published earlier (call the clinic instead of the hospital).
Few new cluster locations
Every Wednesday, the Kansas Department of Health and Environment publishes the names of locations that have five or more COVID-19 cases with symptom onset dates in the last 14 days. This week, only four locations were listed:
• Topeka Correctional Facility, 59 cases within the last 14 days, with the last onset date being Feb. 23
• Healthcare Resort of Topeka, a long-term care facility, 6 cases, the last onset date Feb. 25
• Vintage Park, a long-term care facility in Wamego, 7 cases, Feb. 23
• Hutchinson News, a private business in Hutchinson, 6 cases, Feb. 22
There have been 295,109 total cases in Kansas to date, resulting in 9,355 hospitalizations and 4,816 statewide deaths. There were 807 new cases, 73 new deaths and 65 new hospitalizations reported since Monday, March 1.
Here are the total confirmed and probable cases to date for area counties, followed by total deaths, as of Wednesday morning:
• Barton 2,573 cases (+3 since Monday), 48 deaths (+0)
• Ellsworth 1,210 (+2), 25 (+1)
• Pawnee 1,134 (+1), 14 (+0)
• Rice 1,055 (+1), 12 (+0)
• Rush 425, 13 (no changes)
• Russell 842, 27 (no changes)
• Stafford 333 unchanged, 9 (no changes)