Greetings from the Great Bend Public Library!
Stop by the Children’s Department next week to pick up some holiday Take & Makes and a Santa’s Beard Advent Calendar!
We have a couple of programs coming up next Thursday, December 3. When we open, we will start handing out December’s Teen & Adult Take & Make Craft, which is a yarn hat ornament. We’ll have a limited amount of kits with everything you need, except for a pair of scissors, to make your own tree decoration this holiday season! Kits are first come, first served.
On Thursday evening at 6:30 p.m., we will be hosting our regular Online Teen Anime Night. To tune into the stream, teens age 13 and older can use the code “@gbmanga” in the Remind app or on remind.com, or text it to 81010 (standard text message rates apply) and send us a message with the words ‘anime night.’ We’ll get you set up from there!
The Great Bend Public Library is hiring a full-time Adult Services Specialist. This position supports the Adult Services Department by providing exceptional customer service for library customers while working at public service desks. Technology skills are a must. If you like to find a needle in the haystack or hunt down information, this is the job for you!
Applicants must be available to work flexible hours, including nights and Saturdays. $13/hour with excellent benefits. Open until filled. For more information and the application, visit the library website at greatbendpl.info. Paper applications will not be accepted.
What we are looking for in an Adult Services Specialist:
• Provides technology support and computer instruction to staff and patrons.
• Assists individuals and groups in locating information and materials from within the library, online, in order to answer reference questions, either in person or by telephone and email.
• Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgement.
• Ability to instruct individuals, especially regarding computers and technology.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• An enthusiastic commitment to public service.
• Aptitude for dealing with the public in a professional and courteous manner.
• Skill in setting priorities and managing time effectively.
• Experience working independently or as part of a group.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Plans and implements programs for adult patrons.
• Helps readers find reading materials and information needs.
• Genealogy skills are a plus.
Due to a county-wide mandate that went into effect this last Wednesday, November 25, all patrons entering the library will be asked to wear masks while visiting. Anyone wishing not to wear a mask is welcome to use our curbside and digital services. We appreciate your understanding and compliance with this new order. If you have any questions or would like assistance with any of our services, feel free to call us or email us at 620-792-2409, email@example.com.
Keep an eye on our Facebook and our website for upcoming programs and more. You can also message us on Facebook or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Haylee Huddleston is the Teen Services director at the Great Bend Public Library.