The Barton County Commission will meet at 9 a.m. Tuesday at the former JC Penney building, 1500 Kansas Ave. in Great Bend.
The meeting will be open to the public but will also be streamed through Microsoft Teams. Citizens may view the meeting through their own sign-in or by signing in anonymously.
To participate, follow the link https://bit.ly/3WgDHrK. Those who wish to take part in the discussion of any item can call 620-793-1800 for instructions.
The agenda includes:
• Central Kansas Community Corrections Fiscal Year 2023 end-of-year outcomes report by Amy Boxberger, CKCC director
• Repair of Caterpillar 826 Compactor transmission for the Solid Waste department
• Barton County Employee Handbook update to the policy on holidays, holiday pay and holiday premium pay
• Adoption of the 2023-2024 authorized positions listing
• A change request for the Courthouse HVAC improvement project
• Appointment of a special deputy coroner
• Commission update on the Kansas Legislative Policy Group annual meeting
Following the agenda meeting, the following appointments are scheduled (times subject to change):
• 10 a.m. - Water and Wastewater improvements with Chris Komarek, Ellinwood city administrator
• 10:30 a.m. - Program update with Brenda Kaiser, Human Resource director
• 10:45 a.m. - Program update with Amy Boxberger, CKCC director, and Marissa Woodmansee, Juvenile Services director
• 11:15 a.m. - Regular business discussion with County Administrator Matt Patzner
• 11:45 a.m. - Walk through the Barton County Courthouse with the commission and administrative staff