The Barton County Commission will meet at 9 a.m. Wednesday at the Barton County Courthouse, 1400 Main in Great Bend. The meeting will be open to the public but will also be streamed live due to COVID-19.
It will be live-streamed through Microsoft Teams. Citizens may view the meeting through their own sign-in or by signing in anonymously.
To participate, follow the link https://bit.ly/3EToy5h. Those who wish to take part in the discussion of any item can call 620-793-1800 for instructions.
The agenda includes:
• A National Prevention Week 2022 proclamation.
• The Kansas Department Of Transportation Federal Funds Exchange distribution.
• Approval of the bid for the cost-share project to resurface SW 40 Avenue (Airport Road).
• Engineering services for the Barton County Landfill.
Following the agenda meeting, the following appointments are scheduled:
• 10 a.m. – Great Bend Economic Development Inc. Update with GBED President Sara Hayden.
• 10:45 a.m. – early education funding request with Shelby Zuniga, interim executive director, Sunflower Diversified Services.
• 11 a.m. – annual transfer for Barton County and Fire District No. 1 with Matt Patzner, finance officer.
• 1:15 p.m. – operational update with Julie Yarmer, Freedom Claims Management president.
• 2 p.m. – review of request for proposals for a large-format color plotter and scanner with Pam Wornkey, register of deeds, and Bj Wooding, cartographer.
• 2:30 p.m. – regular business discussion – Matt Patzner, director of operations.