The Great Bend City Council will meet Monday night and the Barton County Commission will meet Wednesday morning, and both plan virtual meetings.
The Great Bend City Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday, at City Hall, 1209 Williams. One can also view the meetings on Access TV via Cox Cable Channel 20 or live online at www.facebook.com/gbcitycouncil/.The meeting will be recorded. The agenda includes:
• The vacation of several right-of-ways on White Sands Drive.
• Brit Spaugh Park south end project design services.
• An executive session to discuss personnel matters concerning non-elected personnel for the preliminary review of applicants for the city administrator.
The County Commission
The commission will meet at 9 a.m. Wednesday at the Barton County Courthouse, 1400 Main in Great Bend. The meeting will be open to the public but will also be streamed through Microsoft Teams. Citizens may view the meeting through their own sign-in or by signing in anonymously.
To participate, follow the https://bit.ly/3wKr6kE. Those who wish to take part in the discussion of any item can call 620-793-1800 for instructions.
The agenda includes:
• The annual review of a conditional land use permit for Larry and Sheree Marshall, dba Marshall Towing.
• A valuation update from County Appraiser Wendy Prosser.
• The county agreement to treat noxious weeds on along state highways.
• A noxious weed eradication progress report.
• A procurement policy revision.
• A Central Kansas Community Corrections program overview.
Following the agenda meeting, the following appointments are scheduled:
• 10 a.m. – Great Bend Economic Development Inc. report with Sara Arnberger, president.
• 10:45 a.m. – application for the Kansas Department of Transportation Cost Share Program with Barry McManaman, county engineer.
• 10:50 a.m. – grant update with Karen Winkelman, public health director.
• 11 a.m. – park improvement update with Pawnee Rock citizens.
• 11:15 a.m. – policy overview with Amy Boxberger, Central Kansas Community Corrections director.
• 11:45 a.m. – Regular Business Discussion – Matt Patzner, county administrator.