LARNED — The Pawnee County Commission met at 9 a.m. July 28 for a regular meeting at the Pawnee County Courthouse. The following are approved minutes submitted by Pawnee County clerk Ruth Searight.
Pawnee County commissioners Donna Pelton; Kathy Bowman, chair, John C. Haas, were present.
• Commissioners sorted through the mail.
• Searight gave the commissioners the following — payroll; payables; oil royalty check; draft minutes July 21, 2014; agenda; Camp Pawnee dock picture; KNRC information on prairie chickens; department budgets; 2015 draft proposed budgets; updated wages; Adult Doc, Juvenile Doc, Separation, Pawnee County Diversion Supervision; and Lane County Diversion Supervision Funds. Discussed a possible Discretionary Fund also.
9:15 a.m. — Commissioners went to Jordaan Library to view a video on the library’s upcoming 100th anniversary scheduled Jan. 1, 2015.
Librarian presented and discussed new programs, activities, and working on community awareness of their programs and services.
Commissioners discussed budget items and 2015 budget.
9:55 a.m. — Commissioners approved and signed checks for payables and payroll.
• Bowman and Pelton gave updates and discussed meetings last week at the Larned State Hospital facilities.
• Commissioners discussed the oil royalty check, and possible other drilling activities.
• Commissioners discussed the Pawnee County Fair.
• Commissioners reviewed and discussed proposed budgets.
• Scott King, Pawnee County sheriff, delivered a check for $31,032.20 from the state of Kansas for reimbursement for Perry Isley. King is expecting to receive reimbursement on another one soon.
11:30 a.m. — Bob Wetmore, co-director, Great Plains Development, Inc., presented and discussed the Pawnee County 2014 Services Update, and request for appropriation.
Wetmore informed commissioners they may appoint two members to the board.
1:30 p.m. — Commissioners approved Heaven’s Best Carpet cleaning bill, $399.
• Commissioners read, corrected and approved minutes of July 21, 2014.
• Commissioners discussed the meeting in Stafford next Tuesday regarding Pictometry. They reviewed budgets.
• Denise Wood, Adult/Juvenile Doc director, reviewed funds, and discussed a possible discretionary fund. Commissioners voted to have a discretionary fund, seconded by Pelton. Unanimous.
• Searight reviewed proposed budgets.
• Commissioners discussed the health 1 percent and 6 mill funds. Searight questioned the Medicare reimbursement funds staying with Pawnee Valley Community Hospital, Inc.
The first reimbursement will be sent in November. John Settle, Pawnee County Attorney, joined the conversation.
Haas talked about the 1 percent sales tax funds and the 6 mill funds.
Haas also told the Larned City Council that those funds were pledged to the bonding company. Settle agreed.
The monies can be used for any health care, as the monies are not obligated strictly for the hospital facility. Settle and Haas agreed.
• Settle discussed the State Farm Insurance accident.
Commissioners gave Settle the letter/bill from KNRC regarding the lessor prairie chicken.
2:40 p.m. — An executive session for 30 minutes for attorney/client privilege was requested.
3:10 p.m. — Commissioners approved the tax settlement with S.J. Titan dated July 28, 2014, per settlement agreement.
Settle discussed the employee in his office that worked on the tax foreclosure in February and March of this year.
• Commissioners agreed to pay from courthouse through payables, and the balance that she does on the tax sale will be paid through payroll, and the county attorney’s budget.
3:25 p.m. — The meeting was adjourned. The next meeting was scheduled at 9 a.m. Aug. 4.