LARNED — The Pawnee County Commission met May 30 at the Pawnee County Courthouse for a special meeting. The following are approved minutes submitted by Pawnee Commission clerk Ruth Searight.
8:30 a.m. — Pawnee County commissioners Donna Pelton, Kathy Bowman and John C. Haas were present.
• Commissioners sorted through mail.
• Commissioners discussed information for coffee hour at 9:30 a.m.
• Commissioners discussed the wind, rain and storms.
• Scott King, Pawnee County sheriff, Derek Slack, Pawnee County undersheriff, They gave updates on their meetings in Topeka.
They discussed the conceal carry effective July 1, 2013, and the mandates that come with the legislation.
• Kurt Demel, Pawnee County highway administrator, gave updates on graders, and other options.
• Ruth Searight, Pawnee County clerk, gave updates on certification of value next week.
• Commissioners read and approved minutes of May 20, 2013.
• Commissioners approved and signed checks for payables.
• Darold Bussard, Pawnee County Courthouse custodian. Commissioners approved Bussard working with the American Legion to place flags along the courthouse.
9:25 a.m. — The meeting was adjourned until June 3 at 9 a.m.