In addition to the high-profile presidential and congressional elections later this year, there will also be a host of county offices on the ballot, County Clerk Donna Zimmerman said.
County positions on the ballot include:
• Various national and state offices
• County commissioner, second district (incumbent Homer Kruckenberg)
• County commissioner, third district (incumbent Don Davis)
• County attorney (incumbent Doug Matthews)
• County clerk (incumbent Donna Zimmerman)
• Register of deeds (incumbent Pam Wornkey)
• County sheriff (incumbent Brian Bellendir)
• County treasurer (incumbent Kevin Wondra)
As of Tuesday, the only filing for these offices is James Jordan of Great Bend who has filed to run against Wondra for county treasurer, county election officials said.
Also on the ballot are:
• All 22 township treasurers
• All 22 township trustees
Precinct committee people elected on August Primary Ballot and not advancing to November General
The deadline to file for the positions is noon June 1, 2016. The primary will be Aug. 2 and the general election will be Nov. 8.
For more information on elections, stop by the County Clerk’s Office in room 202 at the Barton County Courthouse, 1400 Main in Great Bend, call 620-793-1835 or visit bartoncounty.org and click on “elections” under “departments.”