By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Stove-top candle starts kitchen fire in Great Bend

Great Bend Fire Department was dispatched to a kitchen fire at 4:33 p.m. Friday at 2530 Quivira. While units were responding, the dispatcher advised them that the fire was out. They ventilated the dwelling, which was full of smoke.
According to Fire Chief Mike Napolitano, firefighters found a candle on the stove had started the microwave above the stove on fire. The owner stated that they used a fire extinguisher to extinguish the fire. The owner also stated that they were melting a candle in a container on the stove when it caught fire.