By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Winnebago damaged by fire
new re Fire
The Winnebago at 5739 Anchor Way was damaged by fire on Tuesday. A man who stayed inside to fight the fire was treated at the scene but did not need to be taken to a hospital.

A Great man may have stayed too long trying to extinguish a fire in his motor home, but he made a safe retreat with help from the Great Bend Fire Department, Fire Chief Mike Napolitano said.
Russell Coe was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation but did not have to be transported to the hospital.
The Great Bend Fire Department was dispatched to 5739 Anchor Way at 2:57 p.m. on Tuesday. When firefighters arrived they found smoke coming from an older style Winnebago.
The motor home appeared to be vacant, but as Battalion Chief Eugene Perkins approached it he heard someone from inside yelling. There was a man inside with a garden hose who was trying to extinguish the fire.
“The man was assisted out and an ambulance was requested to check him because he was coughing and appeared to be having some difficulty breathing from being exposed to the smoke in the trailer,” Napolitano said.
“The fire was extinguished and the cause of the fire is believed to be the window air conditioner unit that was in the trailer,” he added. There was extensive smoke and fire damage to the trailer.