Within the next couple of weeks, ads will go out to seek applications for a community coordinator for Great Bend.
The position was discussed by the Great Bend City Council during the last budget session and it was officially approved by the council this week.
Applications will be available on the city Internet site — www.greatbendks.net — or at the city office.
The salary range for the position will be from $36,764 to $56,992, according to information from the city.
At this week’s council meeting, City Administrator Howard Partington, discussing the position, said the person who is hired will report directly to Assistant City Administrator Dawn Jaeger.
Partington also produced a lit of the responsibilities of this position, which include:
• Provide marketing and community assistance in coordinating activities within the city that will draw people from the city and throughout the region
• Promote and market the community to a culturally and economically diverse audience
• Organize and update the television and video calendar for the GBTV, develop a web/tv calendar
• Promote existing community events
• Develop and promote new community events — such as: fall festival; activities at the Crest Theater; events for various times of the year; create something that puts Great Bend on the map; recruit events to the area
• Work with the news media and use social media
• Work with schools that are having local activities
• Work with the Chamber, Convention and Visitors Bureau, local businesses, and associations to promote activities
• Market Great Bend
• Coordinate activities in the downtown area
• Promote ball tournaments and other activities at city-owned property
• Work with USD 428 to help market their activities
• Look into the Main Street Kansas program
• Evaluate how to make visions into reality - be cost conscious