Great Bend City Council has approved the bid for the 2011 residential street reconstruction and resurfacing project, which will provide for a great deal of neighborhood improvements.
This past week, the council accepted the bid of $867,906.50 from Venture Corporation. It was the only bid.
According to City Engineer Robert Winiecke, the list of neighborhood projects the city is attempting to fund include:
• Kansas Avenue repairs — 16th to 24th Streets
• 16th Street Terrace — Cherry Lane to Patton Road
• 25th Street — Morton to Williams
• 26th Street — Morton to Williams
• 27th Street — Morton to Williams
• 28th Street — Morton to Williams
• 30th Street — Morton to Williams
• Morphy Street — 16th to 19th
• 18th Street — Jackson to Monroe
• Adams Street — 17th to 18th
• Cheyenne Drive — Odell to Pawnee Road
• Jackson Street — Forest to Broadway Avenue
• Odell Street — 16th to 19th
• Pawnee Road — 21st Street to midblock between Cheyenne and Zarah drives
• Telestar Drive — Apollo Avenue to Whitesands Drive
• Van Buren Street — 12th to Lakin Avenue
• Walnut Drive — Odell to Pawnee Road
• Whitesands Drive — 17th Street Terrace to Telestar Drive
Also this week, the council approved its KLINK agreement with the Kansas Department of Transportation, which provides for the city to be reimbursed $200,000 for local street work.
And the council also:
• Approved a request for right of way for Kansas Gas Service to replace a gas line in Lischesky Ditch.
• Approved the change order for Phase 3 of the sewer project.
• Approved a city sewer line hookup for Steven Ehrlich at 300 Taft.
• Approved a beer license for Diane’s Diner.