The passing of the Soroptimist International Club of Great Bend’s 13th-annual Gardens Galore garden tour was greatly exaggerated. The fund-raising event actually takes place from 1 to 5 p.m. this coming Sunday.
Club members have added a new twist this year by including unique and creative garages along with gardens.
The tour is the club’s biggest fund raiser next to the soup supper it sponsors in the fall. A springtime tradition, it provides a chance for residents to enjoy the spring weather, and glean decorating and landscaping ideas from what they see.
Tickets are $5 for the garden or garage tour only, or $8 for a combination ticket to see both the gardens and garages. Tickets are available in advance at Satellite Pros (1520 Main) or at any garden or garage location the day of the tour. Rain date for the tour is Sunday, June 26.
Projects funded by proceeds from the garden tour in the past include establishing signage on the Hike and Bike Trail and contributions to the Great Bend Beautification Committee to put planters on Main Street, as well as beautification of the islands on Broadway.
The garden stops include:
• Tim Casey at 176 NE Road
• Roland and Jane Smith at 6004 Broadway
• Kelly and Cheryl Ralston at 2010 Lincoln
• Mike and Peggy Johnson at 2613 Dry Creek
• Kevin and Shelly Arnberger at 1221 McKinley
• Damon Car Collection at 2501 10th Street (D&B Motors)
• David and Kelly. Hart at 3003 16th Street
• T.R. and Tina Esfeld at 314 SW 50 Avenue