ELLINWOOD — Those who attend football games at Ellinwood will have an entirely new experience this fall due to upgrades at the field. The entire area is undergoing renovation.
At the regular board meeting in August, the USD 355 School Board approved the purchase of a new scoreboard for the football field in Ellinwood. The dimensions are 7 by 7 feet. A message board will also be added.
The scoreboard will cost $15,849 and the message board $6,358. The message board is a 40 x 103 inch programmable LED sign.
The old scoreboard was 27 years old and consistently had failing light bulbs, according to Superintendent Ben Jacobs.
The LED message board that will be used to post announcements about school events, play highlight and intro videos, and broadcast advertisements from local sponsors and merchants.
Earlier this summer, the board approved a sound system bid by Parr Lighting and Sound for $18,940.
In other business, Jacobs informed the board that door replacement project was ready for the school year. All doors will be locked at all times, and to enter the school, patrons will have to use the intercom to be allowed entry.
In final business, the board:
• Thanked the Ellinwood Library Foundation for their donation of activity fees.
• Will offer online classes in biology, chemistry, physics and world languages.
• Approved the 2014-15 budget with a mill levy of 61. 855 mills compared to 61.050 for last year.
• Accepted resignations from: Patricia Cauthon, grade school teacher’s aide; Shelby Ringering, cheer/dance coach.
• Hired: Karla Crawford as middle/high school at-risk aide; Christine Knop, activities secretary; Justine Dyer, EGS secretary; Stephanie Robl, library aide; teacher’s aides: Marissa Roach, Nicole Nemnich, Paige Pettet, and Sydney Feist; and coaches: Lisa Phillips, asst. cross country; Brigette Hitschmann, asst. middle school volleyball; Angela Petersen, asst. forensics.
USD 355 approves new scoreboard