SALINA — Great Bend’s doubles team Kira Cook and Sydney McAfee placed 13th and singles players Addi Westhoff placed 13th and Addison Ingram 16th in the competitive Salina South Tennis Invitational featuring several state-ranked and returning state qualifiers.
Cook and McAfee won two of four matches, beating Olathe South’s Emma Bundy and Rylee Zuck, 8-0 for 13th place.
Westhoff beat her teammate Ingram 8-4 before losing 8-1 to Maize High’s Kalysta Dohlman 8-1 for 13th place. Olathe South’s Lauren Evans defeated Ingram 8-6 for 15th place.
“We played a lot of top-tier schools,” said Great Bend coach Joseph Bliven. “It was a good opportunity to see how my younger team fares against strong programs.”
Salina South (65) placed first with Salina Central (56) second. Olathe South’s Cady Lynn won singles and Salina South’s Jessica Coleman and Quinn Munk won doubles.
SALINA SOUTH INVITATIONAL
1. Salina South 65
2. Salina Central 56
3. Maize High 44
4. Olathe South 39
5. Junction City
6. Abilene 29
7. Dodge City 28
8. Great Bend 8
1. Cady Lynn, OS def. Tesa Wilcox, SS, 8-1
3. Sydney McAdoo, SS def. Karley Benson, SC, 8-3
5. Ally McKenzie, JC def. Kayln Beswick, Abilene, 8-6
7. Grace Holgerson, SC def. Leah Stein, DC, 8-7 (7-5)
9. Audrey Ferrell, Maize def. Alexis Cruz, JC, 8-2
11. Kylie Coup, Abilene def. Daniela Villareal, DC, 8-6
13. Kalysta Dohlman, Maize def. Addi Westhoff, GB, 8-1
15. Lauren Evans, OS def. Addison Ingram, GB, 8-6
GB results—Benson, SC def. Westhoff, 8-0; Villareal, DC def. Westhoff, 8-3; Westhoff def. Ingram, 8-4; Lynn, OS def. Ingram, 8-0; Ferrell, Maize def. Ingram, 8-2
1. Jessica Coleman-Quinn Munk, SS def. Emalie Hassler-Peyton Kavanaugh, SC, 8-7 (7-2)
3. Emma Wituk-Kennalee Utech, Maize def. Madison Arnold-Bo, Maize, 8-4
5. Kennedy Menke-Nicole Alfaro, OS def. Paige Hieger-Caroline Holgerson, SC, 8-0
7. Cameron Munk-Jessica Smith, SS def. Codi Post-Jordan Dombrowski, JC, 8-2
9. Allie Beswick-Shiann Olberding, Abilene def. Hannah Sowers-Abigail Arghumendo, DC
11. Marin Dameron-Kameron Lowery, DC def. Anne Kim-Brianna Talley, JC
13. Kira Cook-Sydney McAfee, GB def. Emma Bundy-Rylee Zuck, OS, 8-0
GB results—Wituk-Utech, Maize def. Cook-McAfee, 8-2; Beswick-Olberding, Abilene def. Cook-McAfee, 8-6; Cook-McAfee def. Madison Riffel-Kallie Brooks, Abilene, 8-6