TOPEKA – Lieutenant Governor and Secretary of Commerce David Toland on Wednesday announced 13 manufacturers have been accepted into the department’s Made in Kansas program. Made in Kansas is sponsored by the Kansas Department of Commerce to help promote Kansas manufacturers to customers across Kansas and around the globe.
The Made in Kansas program is designed to showcase Kansas-made products and provide those companies with a verified stamp of assurance for use in promotional activities. Participation is free. To join the Made in Kansas program, a business must utilize manufacturing in the production process and meet one additional criterion:
• More than half the components come from Kansas
• Final assembly takes place in Kansas
• Kansas-headquartered company includes design and/or engineering functions
“Some of the finest products in the world are made right here in Kansas, but the world might not know that yet,” Lieutenant Governor and Secretary of Commerce David Toland said. “This initiative highlights first-class manufacturers that contribute significantly to their local communities as well as the overall state economy.”
Commerce established the program to create a tangible means for companies to communicate that their products are made in Kansas. Certified program partner manufacturers have access to the exclusive Made in Kansas seal to feature on packaging, products and promotional materials.
“Having a Made in Kansas logo on products lets customers know they are purchasing excellence, reliability and consistency,” Program Manager Corrie Ann Campbell said. “Our manufacturers embody the Kansas work ethic, which is honed by more than 160 years of pioneering spirit and commitment to workmanship.”
The first manufacturers that have been accepted as Made in Kansas Program participants are:
• Cross Manufacturing, Hays, Lewis, Pratt
• Garmin International, Olathe
• Great Plains Manufacturing, Salina
• Handy Hook, Garden Plain
• JAWbats, Baldwin City
• MAC Water Technologies, Kansas City
• MaiCo Industries, Ellsworth
• New Age Industrial, Norton
• RANS Aircraft, Hays
• Rawhide Portable Corral, Abilene
• Splashtacular, Paola
• Superior Boiler, Hutchinson
• Vortex Global, SalinaKansas manufacturers are encouraged to take advantage of the program and proudly display their entrepreneurism and ingenuity for the rest of the world to see. For more information about the Made in Kansas program and its partner companies, go to https://www.madeinkansas.com/
About the Kansas Department of Commerce
As the state’s lead economic development agency, the Kansas Department of Commerce strives to empower individuals, businesses and communities to achieve prosperity in Kansas. Commerce accomplishes its mission by developing relationships with corporations, site location consultants and stakeholders in Kansas, the nation and world. Its strong partnerships allow the KDOC to help create an environment for existing Kansas businesses to grow and foster an innovative, competitive landscape for new businesses. Through Commerce’s project successes, Kansas was awarded Area Development Magazine’s prestigious Gold Shovel award in 2021, 2022 and 2023, and was awarded the 2021 and 2022 Governor’s Cup by Site Selection Magazine.