At this time, Barton County hospitals are not receiving COVID-19 vaccine doses directly from the state of Kansas. The state is currently allocating vaccine doses to county health departments. However, last week, each of the county’s three hospitals received 200 doses. There are waiting lists at the hospitals in case more doses become available.
According to the University of Kansas Health System - Great Bend Campus website, “When and if counties choose to send us their vaccine supplies, we will be happy to administer on their behalf. When they do, they likely require us to administer those doses to patients who reside in their counties. As vaccine demand still far exceeds supply, we invite randomized groups of those eligible to schedule appointments in MyChart and by phone as we receive doses. We extend invitations based on the number of vaccine doses we have to give and potentially based on the county that provided the doses to us.”
Here are the places to call or go online in Barton County to be placed on a waiting list for COVID-19 vaccinations:
• Clara Barton Hospital and Clinics - Call 620-653-2114 or use the link on the website clarabartonhospital.com
• Ellinwood Hospital & Clinic - Call 620-564-3771.
• University of Kansas Health System - Great Bend Campus - MyChart offers secure online access to electronic medical records and allows users to schedule an appointment or perform other tasks. Sign up for the COVID-19 vaccine through the online MyChart portal. Learn more online and find the proper form at https://www.kansashealthsystem.com/patient-visitor/covid19-update/covid-vaccine-form. The site can also explain how to create a MyChart account.
• Limited quantities of vaccine are available at select Dillons pharmacy locations in Kansas. Current eligibility is for Phase 1A (health-care workers) and Phase 2 (seniors 65+). To check appointment availability online go to dillons.com/i/coronavirus-update/vaccine.
• As of Tuesday, according to Walgreens.com, Walgreens is not currently vaccinating eligible populations in Kansas. Create a Walgreens.com account to sign up for updates.
Download the COVID-19 vaccine consent form:
• At the Barton County website - bartoncounty.org
• At the Clara Barton website clarabartonhospital.com