New exhibit coming soon! In August, we featured photography taken by Ellinwood students 18 and under. We were very pleased with the variety of photos that were shared! Now, we hope to feature photography taken by Ellinwood patrons 19 and over. Please bring your favorite photograph to the library the last week of August or first week of September, and provide your name, address, and phone number on the back. These will not be judged, we are only hoping to display the talent of our community.
Ellinwood School/Community Library is once again hosting Stuff the Bus, and this will continue through the month of September. This year, we will forgive partial fines for a donation. The premise of Stuff the Bus is to load a school bus with items that United Way’s 19 member agencies need to serve the community. We have already collected several items, and thank all that have donated to this great service.
The wish list includes:
1. Blankets, Stuffed Animals
2. Office supplies: copy paper, pens, tape, folders and binders, envelopes, notebooks, highlighters, white-out, legal pads, staples and paper clips, Label tape machine labels
3. Household items: paper towels, toilet paper, trash bags, facial tissue, etc. laundry soap, cleaning supplies, sponges, comet, etc.
4. Art/craft supplies: crayons, markers, construction paper, glue, child and adult scissors, glitter, acrylic paint, watercolors, poster board, stickers, Disposable dining ware: cups, paper or Styrofoam plates, paper napkins
5. Toys: infant/toddler toys, preschool and school-age toys/games
6. Baby supplies: diapers, wipes
7. Travel size toiletries: soap, deodorant, cotton swabs, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, etc.
8. New hygiene items: brushes, combs, toothbrushes
9. Non-perishable snacks: drink boxes/juice packs, cracker packs, goldfish, and fruit snacks
10. Regular ground coffee
11. Roller pads (for paint rollers), painters tape, brooms, dustpans, gardening gloves, canvas drop cloths, new home building supplies
12. Nonperishable food and boys’ teen clothing
13. Skeins of yarn, regular and baby yarn-all colors