By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
CO alarm sounds at Highland Hotel
Placeholder Image

Great Bend Fire Department was dispatched to the Highland Hotel at 9:08 p.m. Friday, after a carbon monoxide alarm sounded in the kitchen area. Fire Chief Mike Napolitano said the source of the CO was a gas-fired power washer being used in the pool area.
“The levels of CO were even higher in the pool area, requiring the entire facility including the rooms to be evacuated,” Napolitano said. “High levels of CO were found in the rooms around the pool area as well. Several occupants were checked but none required further treatment. After several hours of ventilating the facility, the occupants were let back in.”
GBFD was assisted by the Great Bend Police Department and Kansas Gas Service.