HOISINGTON – The Annual Fall City Clean-Up Week will be Monday through Friday, Sept. 24 through Sept. 28.
Residents should place items on their front curb on the regular day of trash pickup. All items to be picked up must be curbside and sorted into piles according to types of materials. Because of new landfill regulations, piles must be sorted or they will not be picked up.
For the City to pick up items they must be sorted as follows:
1. Lumber, wall coverings, floor coverings, roofing materials, wood products, drywall/plaster and insulation. However, construction materials produced by contract work will not be accepted.
2. Furniture, plastic/fiberglass materials.
3. Electronic waste (computers, monitors, TV’s, stereos, microwaves, etc.)
4. Appliances, scrap metal and items constructed of metal. There will be a $25 charge for any appliance containing freon. If the appliance is labeled with a “freon capture tag” from a qualified contractor there will be no charge for collection.
5. Tires, with and without rims. There will be a fee for tire pickup.
6. Small amounts of rock and brick will be picked up from the front or the alley. Arrangements for this pickup must be made through the City Office.
The city will not pick up hazardous waste, tree limbs or other yard waste. Household hazardous waste can be taken to the Barton County Landfill. The landfill accepts hazardous waste the third Saturday of each month from 8 a.m. to noon April through October. For questions regarding clean-up week call the City Offices at 620-653-4125.