Barton Community College’s 45th commencement is set for 7 p.m. Friday, May 15, in the Barton Gymnasium.
Students being recognized are those who have completed their GED, certificates, and/or associate degrees.
After brief comments from administrators, Chairman of the Board of Trustees Mike Johnson will confer the degrees. Vice President Dr. Penny Quinn will present the graduates and College Trustees will award the diplomas.
Barton will also recognize two outstanding graduates who will also address the crowd. Quinn will also recognize Barton’s Distinguished Instructor Awards.
The Barton Community College Foundation will give out its Distinguished Service Award, which is given to an individual or individuals who have shown genuine regard for the college through volunteer service and/or acts of philanthropy.
Video highlights of graduation will be available on YouTube and photos will be available on Flickr at bartonccc.edu/gradpics.
Other ceremonies taking place on May 15 include:
• MLT Student Pinning Ceremony, 9:30 a.m. in the Dorothy Moses Morrison Chapel, Fine Arts Building, F-157.
• Student Ambassador of the Year Reception, noon in the Community Room, Learning Resource Center, L-116.
• Honors Celebration, 1 p.m. in the Student Union; honoring students graduating with a grade point average of 3.5 or higher.
• Nurse Pinning Ceremony, 2:30-3:15 p.m. in the Fine Arts Auditorium; followed by a reception in the Student Union.
• Paramedic Cording, 3:30-4:30 p.m. in the Dorothy Moses Morrison Chapel, Fine Arts Building, F-157; honoring students in the Paramedic program.
There will be an Alpha Sigma Lambda Induction Ceremony from 7-8:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 14, in the Dorothy Moses Morrison Chapel, Fine Arts Building, F-157. Alpha Sigma Lambda is an honor society for non-traditional students.