PAWNEE ROCK — The cause of a fire that destroyed a trailer house at 408 Cunife St. last Friday night has been ruled “undetermined,” Pawnee Rock Volunteer Fire Chief Dustin Chambers said Monday.
“I have seen no clear source of ignition,” Chambers said, noting the Kansas Fire Marshal also visited the scene of the fire that was reported at 11:10 p.m. Friday. Pawnee Rock volunteer firefighters were on scene within 10 minutes but by then 80 percent of the house was in flames, the chief estimated.
No one was injured.
“The trailer had been vacant for at least two weeks,” he said. The gas and electricity had already been shut off.
Great Bend Fire Department arrived to provide mutual aid.