At Monday’s Barton County Commission meeting Monday morning, County Administrator Richard Boeckman presented highlights of the bi-weekly activity report prepared by county departments.
Below is a recap of the report.
Road and Bridge Director Dale Phillips
• Road crews are currently working on Southwest 30 Road to the Pawnee County line repairing holes in the asphalt roadway.
• Pot hole patching in other areas of the County continues.
• Right of way mowing continues in northeast Barton County.
• Sign work continued as needed. Work includes repairing signs damaged by high winds on October 18, 2012.
• Bridge work and erosion control at the Ellinwood river bridge was completed along with lubricating expansion pins.
• Staff completed culvert work and repairs on several job requests.
• Paint stripping for center lines and edge lines was completed on 100 miles of sealed and asphalted roads.
• Planning for the 2012/2013 Snow and Ice Winter Exercises completed. The priority is to train new employees set the stage for winter weather activities.
• Salt supplies are being prepared and equipment is being set up for winter preparedness.
Information Technology Director John Debes
• Monitor TTC, Exchange servers and sonic wall firewall continues. During this period, the various programs stopped 3,625 spam messages, 64 viruses, 28 spyware attempts and 100 attempts.
• Assisting the County Clerk’s Office will setting levies for the 2012 tax year.
Health Department Director Lily Akings
Clinic contacts, totaling, 503
Family Planning, 63
Sexually transmitted infection, 15
Adult health, 4
Maternal and infant, 6
Health Start, 12
Child care licensing, 8
Communicable disease, 2
Child health, 2