The Barton County Clerk’s Office will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday to accommodate walk-in advance voting for anyone who wishes to cast their ballots in advance of the Tuesday general election, Barton County Election Officer Donna Zimmerman said.
The Election Office is located on the second floor of the courthouse in room 202.
In addition to the Saturday option, voters can also come to the office from 8 a.m. until noon Monday for advance voting. Tuesday is the deadline for sick/disabled/illiterate voters to apply for an advanced voting ballot.
All advanced ballots must be returned to the County Clerk’s Office by 7 p.m., Tuesday.
Federal election law requires voters to provide identification. And Zimmerman reminds residents to bring IDs with them when they come to vote.
She said the following forms of identification are valid if they contain the name and photograph of the voter and have not expired. Expired documents are valid if the bearer is aged 65 or older.
• Driver’s license issued by Kansas or another state
• State identification card
• Government-issued concealed carry handgun or weapon license
• U.S. passport
• Employee badge or identification document issued by a government office or agency
• Military ID
• Student ID issued by an accredited postsecondary institution in Kansas
• Government-issued public assistance ID card
For more information on Kansas ID visit sos.ks.gov. For more election information, contact the Zimmerman’s office at 620-793-1835.