• National Day of Prayer, Thursday, May 1, will be acknowledged in Great Bend by a prayer walk around the Barton County Court House at noon. Sponsors invite the public to join with fellow Christians to pray for our city, our state and our nation.
• Great Bend Knights of Columbus Club is selling tickets to a chicken fried chicken dinner to raise money for paving the Columbus Club parking lot. The meal will be served from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Sunday, April 27, at the club, 723 Main.
Tickets are $9 for a dinner with “all the trimmings.” Kids 5 years old and under can eat hot dogs for free. Tickets are available from 2-9 p.m. weekdays at the Knights of Columbus, and will also be sold at the door.
• The Heartland Center for Spirituality is offering an overnight bird watching tour in the Great Bend and Cheyenne Bottoms wetland area, May 9-10.
The Center’s resident bird-watching expert, Philip St. Romain, will lead an evening presentation and a morning of bird watching. Participants should bring binoculars, a field guide and comfortable clothing. For price options and reservations visit the website at www.heartlandspirituality.org or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Heartland Center for Spirituality will hold SpiritLife classes on Saturday April 26, 2014 from 9 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Find more information at http://heartlandspirituality.org/spiritlife or email email@example.com or phone 620-792-1232 and ask for Ann.
• The Fifth Annual Macksville Bikes & Blues Rally will be held May 3-4 at City Park in Macksville. The event starts at noon Saturday and continues until noon the following day. Food vendors will be available for lunch and supper, and camping in the park is free, according to Macksville residents Don and Rhea Overbey with Oberbey Ministries.