Taryn Rolle at the Farm Bureau Financial Services provided the following storm safety checklist to help keep your family safe this severe weather season:
1. Your Family: They’re the most important thing in the world. Make sure everyone is together.
2. A Phone and Charger: Bring a phone in case you need to call for help and be sure to unplug the phone before using it.
3. A Radio: A radio is the most reliable source of news and updates during a storm, so make sure you also have extra batteries.
4. A Flashlight: In case the power goes out, have a flashlight so you don’t get stuck in the dark.
5. Blankets: Blankets offer extra protection from falling debris.
6. A Helmet: If on hand, a helmet can keep you a little bit safer.
7. Your Pets: Storms can be scarier for pets than for people so make sure you account for them.
8. A Game: A fun game can help pass the time and take your mind off the storm.
Additional information on what you and your kids should know in the event of severe weather, as well as storm facts, can be found on the Farm Bureau Financial Services website https://goo.gl/VftH2d.