Crews from the Olmitz and Hoisington fire departments responded to a report of a garage fire in the 200 block of Washington Avenue in Olmitz shortly before 8:30 a.m. Wednesday. According to Hoisington Fire Chief Jerry Stricker, an individual was working on a motorcycle in his garage when a tool sparked, catching fire to the motorcycle. The fire then jumped to the rafters of the garage, burning completely through the roof. The dollar amount of damage sustained is unknown.
Stricker said there were no injuries were reported.