Great Bend Fire Department
On Oct. 21, firefighters responded to 514 Cleveland to check on a smoke smell. The cause was a short in the washing machine.
On Oct. 22, they did a standby for a transformer in the 1300 block of Wilson St. that was smoking.
At 7:53 a.m. on Oct. 24 they responded to 833 East 10th where a small pile of construction debris was burning.
At 3:38 p.m. on Oct. 24 they responded to a farm tractor on fire in the 300 block of NE 20 road. The fire caused extensive damage to the tractor. At 6:57 p.m. they responded to power lines arching behind 2017 Cleveland.
At 3:34 a.m. on Oct. 25, an automatic alarm at 5230 Broadway was caused by a faulty smoke alarm unit.
Barton County Jail
Booked Oct. 25
Marcus Meadows, Great Bend — Obstruction of official duty and probation violation
Charles Demel, Hoisington — Failure to appear
Myra Merrill, Lyons — Failure to appear
Juan D. Ramirez, Larned — Failure to appear
Nicole McHenry, Great Bend — Failure to appear
James Delgadillo, Great Bend — Probation violation and failure to appear
Nathan Allen Dixon, Great Bend — Contempt of court
Released Oct. 25
Brian Bruggemann, Great bend — Served sentence in full
Charles Demel, Hoisington — $200 cash bond
Juan D. Ramirez, Larned — $1,000 cash bond
Nicole McHenry, Great Bend — $200 cash bond
Deberah J. Marks, Great Bend — $2,500 surety bond