Barton Community College has received $181,701.30 in Strengthening People and Revitalizing Kansas (SPARK) relief funds provided from the state and distributed by Barton County to offset COVID-19 related expenses.
Vice President of Administration Mark Dean said he and the rest of the college’s administration appreciates Barton County’s efforts to distribute the funds to the various entities.
The college used the funds for the following:
• Personal protective equipment (PPE) for students and employees
• Testing and screening supplies and equipment
• Disinfection equipment and supplies
• Distance learning/remote working software
• Technical equipment related to providing additional distance learning and remote working
“The county has been wonderful to work with,” Dean said. “We have put in place very proactive measures to slow the spread. The safety of our students and employees is top priority, but personal protective equipment can get expensive and these funds made it possible. We are very grateful to receive these resources through the county, and the Barton County Health Department has been very helpful and collaborative. We appreciate their efforts.”