In alignment with the City of Great Bend and Barton County, the Great Bend Chamber of Commerce will be closed to the public effective Monday until conditions have improved. Operational functions will continue with emails and phones being answered as it is the chamber’s pledge to be of service and support to the entire business community.
“We want to assure the Great Bend business community, members and non-members alike, that we are here for you as a resource and sounding board in your time of need,” Megan Barfield, Great Bend Chamber of Commerce president said. “The Great Bend Chamber of Commerce board and staff is aggressively monitoring the current climate amid this crisis. Our number one priority is the safety of our staff and that of our members.
“We have not seen the worst of this yet so as needs arise, we urge businesses to share those with us so that collectively we can help as many as we can,” she said.
Chamber members, businesses and residents are encouraged to visit greatbend.org for a broad range of information including a member directory, rental listings, community events and more. For businesses and residents impacted by COVID-19, please visit greatbend.org/keeping-you-informed to view resources and information from the Kansas Department of Health & Environment, Small Business Administration Disaster Loans, Kansas Department of Commerce, executive Orders from Gov. Laura Kelly, Kansas Chamber of Commerce, area closings, restaurant hours and delivery information, and additional tips for businesses during this unprecedented time.
Those wishing to purchase or redeem Chamber Gift Certificates are asked to please call 620-792-2401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with certificate amount and arrange for pickup. Gift Certificates may also be ordered online at greatbend.org/giftcertificates.
The Great Bend Chamber of Commerce is encouraging the community to continue supporting our small businesses and healthcare systems. Ways people can do this include:
• Follow the Great Bend Chamber of Commerce Facebook page to view the Thursday morning Chamber Coffee Live broadcasts. Individuals can interact with the businesses sharing the live stream, commenting and liking the posts.
• Interact with the businesses through social media.
• Purchase a gift card from businesses you typically frequent and spread the use over the coming months.
• Keep your subscriptions and memberships to your gym, exercise classes, music and dance lessons, etc. Many small businesses rely on that monthly support to keep their doors open.
• Buy now, pickup later. Buy that manufactured product or goods and arrange for pickup later.
• Purchase a Chamber Gift Certificate to gift later, ensuring local dollars spent.
• Ask a business how you can help.
For questions and resources, call the Great Bend Chamber of Commerce at 620-792-2401, email email@example.com or visit greatbend.org.