The Kansas Department of Education reports Kansas has had 128,594 COVID-19 cases, resulting in 4,561 hospitalizations and 1,326 deaths statewide. As of 9 a.m. Wednesday, there were 5,853 new cases, 60 new deaths and 130 new hospitalizations reported since Monday, Nov. 16.
Every Wednesday, KDHE publishes a COVID-19 cluster summary, listing the names of locations that have five or more COVID-19 cases with symptom onset dates in the last 14 days.
The only cluster in Barton County this week was Riverbend Assisted Living in Great Bend, which has had 10 cases within the last 14 days.
Other area clusters were at Sterling College, six cases; Ellsworth Correctional Facility, 45 cases; Medicalodges Kinsley, 10 cases; and Wheatland Nursing Center in Russell, seven cases.
Reno County Youth Services in Hutchinson has had 15 cases within the last 14 days.
The KDHE hospitalization summary shows Pawnee County has had 13 total hospitalizations during the pandemic and Barton County has had 50. These numbers were unchanged from Monday.
The Barton County Health Department’s latest report on COVID-19 cases was Tuesday, showing a total of 1,303 cases. On Wednesday, KDHE’s website showed 1,372 cases for the county.
The Pawnee County Health Department’s latest report showed 235 “community cases” identified as of 5:45 p.m. Tuesday. This does not include cases at the Larned Correctional Mental Health Facility. Last Friday, Nov. 13, the Pawnee County total cases to date was 495, according to KDHE statistics. On Wednesday, KDHE showed Pawnee County’s total had risen to 549 cases.
Here are the latest reported COVID-19 incidents related to Great Bend USD 428:
• On Monday, a staff member at Riley Elementary tested positive. No additional quarantines were expected for close contact.
• Tuesday, a staff member at Great Bend Middle School tested positive. Three student quarantines were expected. A second staff member at GBMS also tested positive on Tuesday, with additional quarantines to be determined.
• Tuesday, a student at Jefferson Elementary tested positive. Three additional student quarantines were expected.
• Wednesday, a staff member at GBMS tested positive, two additional staff quarantines expected.
• Wednesday, a student at GBHS tested positive. No additional quarantines expected.
• Wednesday, a student at GBMS tested positive. One additional student quarantine expected.
• Wednesday, a staff member at Riley Elementary tested positive. No additional quarantine orders expected.
• Thursday, a staff member at GBMS tested positive. Additional quarantine orders are to be determined.
• Thursday, a student at GBHS tested positive. Nine additional student quarantines expected.
• Thursday, a student at Jefferson Elementary tested positive. Five additional student quarantines expected. Another student at Jefferson tested positive with no additional quarantines needed.