The Claflin and the Hollyrood Lions clubs came together for a meeting with their Vice District Governor Reland Cole at Holyrood. Both clubs have their own meeting locations, though this time they met together to receive state and International information to better their use to the public in Holyrood and Claflin. Both clubs do a lot for their communities. The Holyrood club was chartered in April of 1947. They have been serving the local community since then, by contributing to elementary schools, the American Legion and the Senior Center. They also contribute to the diabetes camp, Ellsworth Cancer Fund, After School Prom Party, community scholarships, eye glasses to the people in need, etc. Their main fundraiser is the concession stand at the Junior High School Ball games. Holyrood Lions Club President is Ernest Jezek with Secretary Elaine Henne, and Treasurer Doris Oller.
In November of 1940 the Claflin Lions Club was Chartered. They use the funds from the Seafood Buffet fundraiser to provide eyeglasses to people in need, give also to the community fund, help with the new signs for the city of Claflin, sponsor a Pedia screening machine to Central Plains School District, donate to the Clara Barton Foundation Golf Tournament, Collect bicycle parts to be recycled at Ellsworth Correctional Facility, give to the Kansas Sight Foundation, Claflin Easter egg hunt, Nativity scene, etc. The Claflin Lions Club President is Pete Krier with his Secretary Mary Rupe, and Treasurer Terry Lank.