Senior Health Insurance Counseling for Kansas (SHICK) offers one-on-one, non-biased counseling and assistance to individuals and families either getting ready to sign up for Medicare, or those who already have Medicare.
Medicare Open Enrollment is from Oct. 15 - Dec. 7. During this time period you can:
• Change from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage Plan.
• Change from a Medicare Advantage Plan back to Original Medicare.
• Switch from one Medicare Advantage Plan to another Medicare Advantage Plan.
• Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn’t offer drug coverage to a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage.
• Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage to a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn’t offer drug coverage.
• Join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
• Switch from one Medicare drug plan to another Medicare drug plan.
• Drop your Medicare prescription drug coverage completely.
Volunteer counselors receive training on Medicare, Medicare Supplemental Insurance, and other health insurance issues that concern Kansans. SHICK counselors are not affiliated with the insurance industry. If you are new to Medicare or have questions about Medicare or Medicare-related issues, SHICK counselors at the Cottonwood Extension office are taking one-on-one appointments for October. Call 620-793-1910 to learn more.
Karissa Winkel is the family and community wellness agent with K-State Research and Extension – Cottonwood District. Contact her at 620-793-1910 or email@example.com.