Much like those fabulous Kansas City Royals ... we hit our own homeruns with new companies such as Central National Banka, Plains State Bank, and Almost Home.
We clinched a major pennant with Sea Port Airlines and Housing Opportunities, Inc.
And we headed to the World Series with American Ag Credit, Bartlett Grain and 0verland Property Group.
And our recruiting efforts look very promising for 2015 with the opening of a new Holiday Inn Express, HAZ-MAT, and one more project we hope to announce in the first quarter.
So ... how did we get here ....
Lots of training, GREAT LEADERSHIP, talent, hard work and a passion for our community...
Actually there are than 700 Young Professionals who carry on this passion .... and are ready, willing and able to help us in this pursuit.
So...let’s look at the signs of success for this year.
1. Bank Deposits continue to grow and have increased from $553,000 in 2005 to $665,723 in 2013
2. 395 Building Permits were issued this year resulting in $23,214,017 capital investment.
3. Population has increased from 2001 when there were 15,453 to our current population of approximately 16,000
4. There were 542,384,016 barrels of oil produced in Barton County this year .... compared to 524,469,418 in 2005 and for the last two years it was the largest cumulative gas production of natural gas since 2005.
5. And last but certainly not least is the city sales tax receipts .... if December stays the same as last year ... we will go over the 2 million mark this year. In fact 2012 and 2013 are the largest sales receipts behind 2014.
So ... thank you for having the vision, the leadership, teamwork, ownership, and the tenacity to believe in the people of our great community who also believe this community is world class.