The Barton County Sheriff’s Office will offer a one-day carry conceal class on Saturday, April 7 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the BCSO Range and Training Facility located at 396 NE 30 Rd., Great Bend.
The Handgun Safety Training Course is an 8 hour basic firearms safety class that you must first complete as part of the application process for you Carry Concealed handgun License. Although anyone 21 years old or older can take the course not everyone is eligible to obtain a CCH license.
Your Instructors are all Kansas Law Enforcement Officers with various backgrounds and years of experience.
• Cost of the class is $50 per person; payment is non-refundable and must be paid prior to the day of the class in order to be guaranteed a spot. You may send a check or money order made payable to the Barton County Sheriff’s Dept. or stop in at 1416 Kansas Ave. to pay in person.
• Please arrive a few minutes early; class begins promptly at 8 AM.
• Have your photo ID (KS Driver’s License)
• Have a writing utensil
• You will need your own reliable working handgun and be able to field strip the handgun in class. (Refer to your gun’s manual or go on-line for instructions). Bring your unloaded gun into class with you. Leave all ammunition in your vehicle.
• You will need a minimum of 50 rounds of ammunition. NO RELOADS
(25 rounds for practice, 25 for qualification)
• Appropriate eye protection and ear protection
• Wear appropriate clothing for the weather conditions. Qualification is outdoors.
• A light lunch will be provided, but if you have a special diet, bring your own lunch.
• Training and Qualification will be held at the BTSO range:
396 NE 30 Rd. East of the landfill on Juco Road