By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Cigarette starts fire at Larned apartment

LARNED — Larned Fire Department extinguished a fire Wednesday at an apartment complex.
Larned Fire Chief Randy Bird said the occupant of the apartment put a lit cigarette in the trash can in the bathroom, which started the fire.
“The fire was contained to that room, but there was heavy smoke and water damage to the bathroom and to the hallway,” Bird said.
There were no reported injuries and the Great Bend Fire Department was on standby in case help was needed.