The Barton County Commission will meet at 9 a.m. Wednesday at the Barton County Courthouse, 1400 Main in Great Bend. The meeting will be open to the public but will also be streamed live due to COVID-19.
It will be live-streamed through Microsoft Teams. Citizens may view the meeting through their own sign-in or by signing in anonymously.
To participate, follow the link https://bit.ly/3yIwHKh. Those who wish to take part in the discussion of any item can call 620-793-1800 for instructions.
The agenda includes:
• Water and wastewater improvements in Ellinwood.
• Agreements transferring radio repeaters to the cities of Claflin and Ellinwood.
• Emergency vehicle permit for Roger Krier.
Following the agenda meeting, the following appointments are scheduled:
• 9:45 a.m. – grant administration for cities of the second and third class with Sara Hayden, president of Great Bend Economic Development Inc.
• 10:30 a.m. – personnel discussion with Wendy Prosser, county appraiser.
• 10:45 a.m. – personnel discussion with Jim Jordan, county treasurer.
• 11:00 a.m. – program update with Barry McManaman, county engineer.
• 1:30 p.m. – Tour of the CUNA Building at 24th Street and U.S. 281 bypass, Great Bend.
• After touring the building, the Commission will drive 10th Street extended and Airport Road to view the work done by the county’s Road and Bridge Department.
• 3:30 p.m. – grant writing parameters with Karen Winkelman, public health director; Amy Boxberger, Central Kansas Community Corrections director; and Marissa Woodmansee, Juvenile Services director.
• 4:00 p.m. – regular business discussion with Matt Patzner, director of operations.