The Barton County Commission will meet at 9 a.m. Wednesday at the Barton County Courthouse, 1400 Main in Great Bend. The meeting will be open to the public but will also be streamed through Microsoft Teams. Citizens may view the meeting through their own sign-in or by signing in anonymously.
To participate, follow the link https://bit.ly/3Gz0EzD. Those who wish to take part in the discussion of any item can call 620-793-1800 for instructions.
The agenda includes:
• A report on the joint County Commission-Great Bend City Council meeting Thursday night.
• A joint county-city project to improve the Courthouse front landscaping.
• Joint county-city participation in Great Bend Police Chief Steve Haulmark’s Operation Clean Sweep program.
• Upgrades to the Expo III building.
• Repairs to the Courthouse elevator.
Following the agenda meeting, the following appointments are scheduled:
• 9:45 a.m. – Great Bend Economic Development Inc. update and budget meeting with Sara Arnberger, president of GBED.
• More 2024 budget meetings with agencies and county departments, including:
– 11 a.m. – Solid Waste.
– 11:15 a.m. – Public Works budgets.
– 1:15 p.m. – Soil Conservation.
– 1:30 p.m. – Sunflower Diversified.
– 1:45 p.m. – 20th Judicial District offices.
– 2 p.m. – Golden Belt Human Society.
– 2:15 p.m. – County Clerk Election.
– 2:30 p.m. – 911/Communications.
– 2:45 p.m. – Register of Deeds.
• 3 p.m. – regular business discussion with Matt Patzner, county administrator.