The Great Bend City Council will meet Monday night and the Barton County Commission will meet Wednesday morning, and both plan virtual meetings due to COVID-19 public gathering restrictions.
The Great Bend City Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday, at City Hall, 1209 Williams. One can also view the meetings on Access TV via Cox Cable Channel 20 or live online at www.facebook.com/gbcitycouncil/.The meeting will be recorded.
The agenda includes:
• Changing the date for the next council meeting which would fall on Labor Day.
• An amendment to the zoning regulations involving the operation of a boarding kennel in a residential district.
• The 2021 city audit report.
• The Police Department/Municipal Court Building guaranteed maximum price.
• Bids for the automated water meter reading system.
The commission will meet at 9 a.m. Wednesday at the Barton County Courthouse, 1400 Main in Great Bend. The meeting will be open to the public but will also be streamed live due to COVID-19.
It will be streamed through Microsoft Teams. Citizens may view the meeting through their own sign-in or by signing in anonymously.
To participate, follow the https://bit.ly/3LkizcL. Those who wish to take part in the discussion of any item can call 620-793-1800 for instructions.
The agenda includes:
• A Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America Mid-Year Training Institute recap.
• A Rural Water District No. 1 infrastructure improvement assistance request.
• A change order for the Kansas Department of Transportation-cost share program agreement involving the resurfacing of SW 40 Avenue (Airport Road):
Following the agenda meeting, the following appointments are scheduled:
• 10 a.m. – financial update with Matt Patzner, director of operations.
10:15 a.m. – personnel program update with Brenda Kaiser, human resource director.
10:30 a.m. – grant opportunities for the City of Claflin, to include Robert Gunder and Casey Hubbard, City Council members.
11 a.m. – regular business discussion with Matt Patzner, director of operations.