The Barton County Commission will meet at 9 a.m. Tuesday at the former JC Penney building, 1500 Kansas in Great Bend. The meeting will be open to the public but will also be streamed through Microsoft Teams. Citizens may view the meeting through their own sign-in or by signing in anonymously.
To participate, follow the link: https://bit.ly/3nZpjaF. Those who wish to take part in the discussion of any item can call 620-793-1800 for instructions.
The agenda includes:
• A National 4-H Week proclamation.
• Employee Engagement Committee membership.
• The 2023 computer server upgrade.
• Fleet insurance for the 20th Judicial District Juvenile Services.
• Appointment of special deputy coroners.
Following the agenda meeting, the following appointments are scheduled:
• 9:45 a.m. – insurance review – Freedom Claims with County Administrator Matt Patzner and Human Resource Director Brenda Kaiser.
• 11 a.m. – year end-outcomes and program update with Central Kansas Community Corrections Director Amy Boxberger.
• 11:30 a.m. – conditional use permit for a communications tower with Environmental Manager Judy Goreham.
• 1:30 p.m. – program update with County Engineer Barry McManaman.
• 2 p.m. – update on transmission repair with Solid Waste Director Jennifer Hamby.
• 2:15 p.m. – regular business discussion with County Administrator Matt Patzner.