By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Fire starts on deck
GB fire station 1 web.jpg

A fire that started on the deck of a house at 4108 2nd St., just outside the city of Great Bend, was accidental in nature, probably caused by an electrical issue, according to Barton County Sheriff Brian Bellendir. Sheriff’s deputies and the Great Bend Fire Department responded to the call around 3:30 a.m. Wednesday.

The fire was quickly brought under control by the fire department. Damage to the deck was estimated at over $25,000. No injuries were reported.